A Wide Range of Handmade Natural Products
More Than a Soap Manufacturer
The Handmade Soap team takes great pleasure in looking after its people, growing tribe and the planet. The company makes it its business to make the world a better place, by not only lifting spirits and tickling the senses, but by raising the bar too. And this goes for more than soap.
The company’s brand culture holds strong roots and game-changing visions. It stems from an array of influences and values:
- The founder’s years of intrepid exploring.
- The search for natural skincare that is gentle on sensitive skin & doesn’t cost the earth.
- The passion for transparency.
- The vision to create a no-nonsense product and brand.
- The dedication to researching and establishing sustainable practices and sharing this knowledge with peers.
- The relationship with people, suppliers and tribe. The Handmade Soap Company is a family.
Kindness Comes Naturally
The Handmade Soap Company has always foraged in nature’s pantry, using ingredients that are just a stone’s throw away from the base in Slane. With Irish flora and fauna, dried flowers, and seasonal scent blends, you can’t get more natural than that.
The Handmase Soap’s team goes to great lengths to make sure that raw ingredients, packaging and processes are as kind to the environment as they are to your skin. Here are just some of the ways that they do that:
- They avoid single use plastic. All bottles are made from 100% Post-Consumer Recycled materials and are recyclable.
- Boxes are made from FSC approved sustainable cardboard from managed forests.
- They have an ethical sourcing policy with all suppliers.
- Everything they make is cruelty free and vegan friendly.
The Handmade Soap Company strongly believes in supporting those that go above and beyond to help others. While the team receives thousands of requests every year from wonderful charities and voluntary organisations, they are unable to be involved in them all, as much as they really would love to. In order to make a focused difference, two charities are chosen every year.
This year, they are proud to sponsor two truly outstanding Irish charities: The Native Woodland Trust and Aware. Both these charities hold a particularly special place in their heads and hearts. Supporting them is an important part of what the company represents.
The Native Woodland Trust is dedicated to the preservation of Ireland’s remaining ancient woodlands and the restoration of its original eco system. They are also committed to the restoration of Ireland’s original climax ecosystem, through the re-creation of woodlands, using only native seed.
Aware is a voluntary Irish mental health organisation that supports those with depression and bi-polar disorders. They also provide assistance and guidance to concerned loved ones and those who are supporting somebody through depression.