Antonio Meccariello is an Italian shoe brand characterized by exquisite designs, stunning patinas and high degree of detail. The brand is well-known among shoe enthusiasts and is considered to be one of the best shoemakers in the world. Clients who come to the showroom can choose among a wide variety of models, materials and customized features, which make Meccariello design truly unique.
Attention to the client’s preferences and vast expertise as well as traditional techniques and continuous search for excellence are characteristics of this brand. Apart from bespoke shoes, Meccariello offers ready to wear models available in the online shop. Bespoke shoes fall into several categories depending on the degree of personalization and shoemaking techniques.
- Aeris: Classic Goodyear Welted Ready to Wear Shoes;
- Argentum RTW/MTO: Mid Range Goodyear Welted with no Gemming;
- Argentum Handwelted: shoes are made traditionally, direct leather-to-leather contact, no glue added;
- Aurum: Fully Bespoke Quality Shoes made from high-quality materials and prime leather cuts to ensure better fit and fine design.
- Bespoke: shoes made individually for client’s foot’s measurements and by individual design.
Currently based in Naples, Antonio Meccariello is originally from a small town in Italy – Benvenuto. In 1950-s this region was an important center of shoemaking. Antonio’s grandfather shared his experience and knowledge with his grandson. Later on, Antonio and his parents together started a small factory which soon became known among French and Italian designers for the quality of their work. Concerned about the quality of the shoes, Antonio studied shoemaking and trained as an apprentice in Milan.
Having done extensive study and apprenticeship among local maestros, Antonio’s work became recognizable. His goal was to start his own workshop in Naples and thus, in 2012 the brand name “Antonio Meccariello” appeared. Famous for his extreme attention to detail, continuous strive for quality and beautiful design, his shoes are true masterpieces of craft, technology and Italian passion.